How to Sell Your House in Cerritos for Top Dollar
Below is a list of 20 small projects you can do to help ensure that your house in Cerritos gets sold at the best price possible.
10 Tips to Improve the Curb Appeal of Your House in Cerritos
- Give your house entry a facelift with a new coat of paint or a new front door
- Don’t forget to landscape your yard! A well groomed lawn shows buyers that the home is well taken care of.
- Make sure all exterior lights are in working order and replace all outdoor lightbulbs.
- Wash all windows (inside and out) – you don’t want to take away from a great view with dirty windows!
- Clean out your garage! Consider getting a storage unit to store any non-essential items.
- Depending on the climate in your area, add a pop of color by planting flowers.
- Remove any lawn ornaments that you will want to bring with you to your new home.
- Replace a worn out welcome mat to welcome buyers as they tour the home.
- Paint or replace the street numbers on the house, making them more visible.
- Power wash any outdoor surfaces to give them a “like new” feel (ex. siding, sidewalk, driveway).
10 Things to Make Your House in Cerritos Feel Like Home
- Clean everything! A clean home will allow home buyers to picture themselves in the space and not distract them.
- Give every room a purpose – even if you use it as a bonus room, giving it an identity will help buyers.
- Let the light in! Bright rooms feel warm and inviting, dark rooms feel small and gloomy.
- Fix anything that is broken! Buyers will notice and may offer less for your house if repairs are required.
- Unclutter your house! Thinning out your closets and pantries will show how much room is actually available.
- Fresh paint and new carpet are the top 2 things you can do to help your house in Cerritos sell faster and for more money.
- Organize the kitchen! Store all non-essential, small appliances and clean all surfaces.
- Before showing your home, empty all trash bins and hide all dirty laundry.
- Make sure all doors open and close smoothly. Fix any squeaks on bedroom and closet doors.
- Replace light bulbs with new ones and make sure all switches work.
If you’re thinking of hiring a real estate agent in Cerritos to help you sell your house, please give me a call at 562 889-4800 or you can complete the form below to send me a message.